Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Starting a New Church


I have now finished reading a book for the second time that I want to challenge all of you that are church planters to read. I think that there is a great deal of good information in the book that you could use. You can click on the following link and purchase this book from Amazon.

Click here to purchase the book or get more information!

Here are just a few of the things that I noted that we need to know and take into account:

Church planting, “It has allowed one man with limited skills and gifts to reach and get a message of hope to tens of thousands of people, most of whom he will never meet.” 19

The size and influence of the church has been diminishing, “Aggressive church planting has the potential to reverse this trend.” 22

“Some pray that the gospel would change their culture, but few petition for entire cities, even countries to embrace the Savior.” 23

Every time we start a church or reexamine our church we should ask the following questions “What are we trying to accomplish? What is the best way to do it?” 34

“The most successful church plants differentiate themselves from both the existing churches in the community and from the ideas most non-Christians hold about church.” 37

“Rather than care for the saints, we are called to train them to serve others.” 44

“Do not discuss your thoughts with people who would be unable to grasp the idea of making strong sacrifices for the gospel.” 46

“You should probably come up with 10 to 12 statements that will under gird decision making in your new church.” 66

“What do I stand for in ministry? What issues are really important to me? Is evangelism a priority? Where do children fit into my view of the world? How about social justice? Do I care about the poor? What do I think of the AIDS epidemic? What of divorce and remarriage? What will I stand for at the end of my life?” 67

No comments: