Friday, July 06, 2007

“When a Martyr Dies”

Jon Sun “When a Martyr Dies”
1) God’s truth triumphs
2) Satan is defeated (1 John 3:8)
3) The glory of God

Wounded Healers
The aim of the ministry of the believer to display Christ to show that he is more to be desired more than all earthy comforts and pleasures. The suffering of the believer is designed to make clear that Christ is in fact that valuable and that precious.
2 Corinthians 12:9-10 (KJV) “And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me. [10] Therefore I take pleasure in infirmities, in reproaches, in necessities, in persecutions, in distresses for Christ's sake: for when I am weak, then am I strong.”
Christ is visible and valuable when I endure these things in his will.
2 Tim. 2:10 (KJV) “Therefore I endure all things for the elect's sakes, that they may also obtain the salvation which is in Christ Jesus with eternal glory.”
The aspect of seeing people come to Christ was worth any thing he had to endure!
2 Tim. 2:2-3 (KJV)”And the things that thou hast heard of me among many witnesses, the same commit thou to faithful men, who shall be able to teach others also. [3] Thou therefore endure hardness, as a good soldier of Jesus Christ.”
Therefore joy in God in the mist of suffering makes the worth of God the all satisfying glory of God shine more brightly than it would through our joy at any other time.
Romans 5:3 (KJV) “And not only so, but we glory in tribulations also: knowing that tribulation worketh patience;”
1 Peter 4:13 (KJV) “But rejoice, inasmuch as ye are partakers of Christ's sufferings; that, when his glory shall be revealed, ye may be glad also with exceeding joy.”
John 21:18-19 (KJV) “Verily, verily, I say unto thee, When thou wast young, thou girdedst thyself, and walkedst whither thou wouldest: but when thou shalt be old, thou shalt stretch forth thy hands, and another shall gird thee, and carry thee whither thou wouldest not. [19] This spake he, signifying by what death he should glorify God. And when he had spoken this, he saith unto him, Follow me.”
All of our deaths are meant to glorify God.
Psalm 119:50 (KJV) “This is my comfort in my affliction: for thy word hath quickened me.”
Comfort – Word of God
Psalm 119:71 (KJV) “It is good for me that I have been afflicted; that I might learn thy statutes.”
Affliction – helps us learn statues
Psalm 119:92 (KJV) “Unless thy law had been my delights, I should then have perished in mine affliction.”
What are you delights?
Psalm 119:75 (KJV) “I know, O Lord, that thy judgments are right, and that thou in faithfulness hast afflicted me.”

Martin Luther’s three points to study the Bible:
Prayer
Meditation
Tribulation
2 Tim. 3:12 (KJV) “Yea, and all that will live godly in Christ Jesus shall suffer persecution.”
ALL!
All our suffering is the discipline of the father for our Good.
Hebrews 12:11 (KJV) “Now no chastening for the present seemeth to be joyous, but grievous: nevertheless afterward it yieldeth the peaceable fruit of righteousness unto them which are exercised thereby.”
1 Peter 1:7 (KJV) “That the trial of your faith, being much more precious than of gold that perisheth, though it be tried with fire, might be found unto praise and honour and glory at the appearing of Jesus Christ:”
Preparation of an eternal weight of Glory beyond all comparison:
2 Corinthians 4:17 (KJV) “For our light affliction, which is but for a moment, worketh for us a far more exceeding and eternal weight of glory;”
Malcolm Mugridge said – “Looking of my ninety years of life I realized I never made any progress in good times.”
John Piper – “Our lives are a walk through our own valley of darkness; it is a life long seminary, the seminary of suffering.”

No comments: